Saturday, February 03, 2007

BB&B January 2007


Last weekend we had our 3rd Bi-annual BB&B weekend gathering in Wentzville. This time it was “BB&B’s Favorite Things”. We all came up with a “favorite thing” that cost $10 or less and bought one for everyone. We individually gift –wrapped them to exchange with one another. Michelle was nice enough to play hostess and organize the weekend for us. Friday night we did the usual – everyone shows up and we get drunk and eat ourselves silly.

Saturday morning, we waited for the latecomers and finally exchanged our gifts. It was like Christmas morning – only better! We have some very clever girls and received some very clever gifts. We got everything from wine and cheese to favorite mascaras, lip gloss, lotion, slipper socks, oreos, sneakers, notepads, pictures, bookmarks – all kinds of great stuff. I’ll post later on in the month with all the specifics of the exchange. That way you guys can all benefit from my brilliant friends, too.

After the exchange, we headed to Main Street in St Charles where RT Weiler’s was sponsoring an ice-carving contest. The ice sculptures were gorgeous and it was very cool to see them being created – but it was freaking COLD out. So we hit the bar and started drinking again. Then we hit another bar and played a little pool. Then it was off to the skating rink. That’s right – we went roller skating. It’s been a good 20 years (probably more) since I was on roller skates, and I remember it being so much easier! It didn’t take me long to figure out my limits – three laps and my legs were like jelly. Every single time I came out of the last curve on my third lap, I’d start to lose my balance and almost wipe out – so I’d ride the bench for a while and go again. It was a riot – watching all the kids there (who probably couldn’t believe there were so many old ladies there) and their interactions with one another. We quickly figured out who the “cool” girls were, etc. I’m proud to say that I did not wipe out – although there were several close calls. However, we weren’t all so lucky, not to mention any names. KatieShainaShayla.

We desperately wanted to prank somebody and get ‘em good. But it turns out our chosen target wasn’t away from his house, so we didn’t get to put our plan into action. But we had a plan. And it was a good plan. However… it’s not forgotten…

And then of course, it was back to Michelle’s for more drinking and more games and more singing. We suck but we don’t care. I have a lovely video clip of Sheri singing “I Will Survive” along with her own choreography. I might have to post it later... Bwahahahaha!

As usual it was a great time – we really enjoy our time together and already have the next several gatherings already planned. Just like out at the lake, we didn’t want to go, didn’t want the weekend to end. So Shaina blocked us all in and ran out of gas Sunday morning! (I can’t say a word though – I ran out of gas on Hwy 270 Monday night like an idiot.)

No comments: