Tuesday, June 16, 2009

February 2009 - Mardi Gras Housewarming Party

We were finally settled in to the house and ready to host our first real party. So we decided to combine Mardi Gras and a housewarming party in February. I spent the day cooking (and if I do say so myself it was delicious) – we had jambalaya pasta, red beans and rice, crawfish rolls, buffalo blasts, crawfish balls and King’s Cake. Of course the usual keg of beer, plenty of wine… and killer hurricanes. I made my own and even put a warning sign on them specifically noting that they would knock you on your butt… and sure enough, several folks ended up on their butts! Not to mention any names... Juliet... Katie...

I wore my beads and boobs...and the house looked like you’d just walked onto Bourbon Street – minus the urine and bums and transvestites and that guy with the HUGE ASS BEER sign and the stripclub with the legs going in and out and the holy rollers trying save your sinning soul and the vomit and… okay, maybe it wasn’t just like walking onto Bourbon Street, but it was pretty cool.We had a really good turnout – which is kind of funny because up until quite recently there’s no way I’d even consider throwing a Mardi Gras party, I was always at the parade and so was everyone else I knew. Shrug. Things change. Maybe next year. Maybe not.Just had to add this last picture because Dan and I made Juliet take it over and over a million times until we both thought it was cute enough. Aren't we cute?

No comments: