Friday, December 21, 2007

Hunter Samuel Broad - I'm an aunt again!



Introducing Hunter Samuel Broad. He was born Tuesday night, December 18 around 11:05 pm; weighed in at 7 pounds and was about 21 1/2 inches long. And of course he's absolutely perfect.

Jonas and Shaina are his proud, and really tired, parents (my BIL and SIL). His big sister Elle (7) has given him the seal of approval - she said he was really cute, so they could go ahead and keep him. Big brother Caleb (also 7 but not pictured below) was just glad there's another boy in the family!


Since J and I don't plan to have children of our own, this is as close and I'm going to get. My boss was teasing me Tuesday afternoon about how excited and antsy I was - and he's right I was going nuts. I've been so excited all summer and fall and I'm just really pleased that he's finally here and I can get to know him. I have two nephews and two nieces - but this time I kind of get to get in on the "ground floor" so to speak. I don't get to see my brother's children very often; and while I see Caleb and Elle all the time and love them both to death, I didn't really get to know them until they were toddlers. So I have every intention of smothering this boy with love and attention.

In other exciting news, my little sister is pregnant and due in August - so I have another niece or nephew on the way...

In considerably less exciting news - we came home from St Thomas to a hot mess. J went downstairs to do some laundry the weekend after we got home and when he stepped off the stairs he heard "squish". The carpet was wet. Apparently the sewer backed up and flooded the basement while we were gone. Sigh. I didn't even go down, I didn't want to see it I didn't want to smell it I didn't want to even think about it. However - I must brag on my insurance company - they've taken care of absolutely everything. J called them and they were at the house the next day. We thought they were just going to look around and assess the damage, but they showed up with an entire disaster recovery crew and ripped up the carpet and baseboards and sprayed chemicals and set up huge exaust fans all that morning. So when I got home that night I was amazed and very pleased. Even as we speak a group of workers is moving everything out of the basement and into a POD that was delivered to our driveway last week. Then the new carpet will go down, they'll repaint all the walls, and the new bathroom vanity will be installed. Then they'll unload everything from the POD and we'll have a fresh new basement!
J and I are headed to Mom and Dad's for Christmas, we'll spend a nice long four day weekend eating and exchanging gifts and playing outside. I know we'll have a wonderful Christmas and I you all do as well. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: