Thursday, September 07, 2006

Jonas and Shaina's wedding events...

My brother-in-law (Jonas) is getting married in a few weeks to one of my best friends (Shaina). She's my future-sister-in-law, but I already think of her as my sister. I'm really excited about the wedding. It will be at my parent's place, so the setting will be just beautiful. I'm in the wedding and I love my dress and can't wait to wear it - so that's good. It's just going to be such a wonderful weekend, all of our friends will be there to celebrate with Jonas and Shaina. All of our families will be there, etc.

Last weekend the guys all got together at the Broad family farm in Cuba, MO for Jonas' bachelor party. Rumor has it they had a very good time. The good news is, nobody came back with any scars, cuts or bruises and there was no permanent damage done to any of the trucks, four-wheelers or guns.


The weekend before that, we all gathered at Stacy's (Shaina's sister and matron-of-honor) for their wedding shower. (Left) Here is a picture of the party...

It was a very hot and sticky day, but there was a pool for the kids to cool off in and plenty of ice cold beer and other drinks to help the adults cool off.

All of Shaina's family was there, most of Jonas' family was there, as well as my parents and many of our friends.

The girls are all headed to Memphis next weekend for the bachelorette party. That promises to be a ridiculously good time. And no, I probably will not be sharing all of the details of that weekend on here when we get back - at least not if the weekend is successful! However, I'm sure there will still be plenty of G-rated stories I'll be able to tell when we get home.

Here's a really nice picture of Jonas and Shaina cutting the cake at their shower:

No comments: